Improving the quality of life & health of Portuguese Water Dogs
We are dedicated to fund canine medical research focused on issues that affect the health and well-being of Portuguese Water Dogs.
Since 1998, we have approved $1.2 million in funding to health research grants that benefit the Portuguese Water Dog. Through your donations, the Portuguese Water Dog Foundation was a major contributor in the development of the DNA gene test for Juvenile Dilated Cardiomyopathy, as well as the test for two different forms of Progressive Retinal Atrophy. The Foundation sponsors various studies on cancers, Addison’s disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Puppy Eye Syndrome, hip dysplasia as well as many other important areas of health research.
You too can make a difference and help us be able to carry on with our mission to improve the quality of life and future health of our Portuguese Water Dog companions.
Continue reading “Improving the quality of life & health of Portuguese Water Dogs”
Donate For a Cause
The Portuguese Water Dog Foundation, Inc. needs your help and support to fund research to improve the quality of life and health of our Portuguese Water Dogs.
The Portuguese Water Dog Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
- Monetary Donation – we accept monetary donations
- Send a Card – have a personalized card sent to someone special
- Vehicle Donation – donate your vehicle
- Leave a Legacy – support the Foundation through your estate
- Donate in Tribute – in memory of your beloved PWD
- Other Ways to Give – many other ways to support the Foundation